- Montezuma (make sure to do the snorkeling trip).-Pictured above
- La Fortuna (zip lining, Lake Arenal, and hot springs).
- Tortuguero (beaches, nature reserves).
Top Places to Eat
- Marisqueria Snappers House in La Fortuna.
- Restaurante Tierra Mar in San Joaquin.
- La Parrillita de Pepe in San Joaquin.
- The church sometimes puts on events. I went to an orchestra concert there and really enjoyed it.
- Live music at Longhorns.
- Soccer games.- Pictured above
Top Stores or Shops Visit
- Artisan market in San Jose has a lot of neat stuff (but very touristy).
- The shops in Sarchi have a lot of handmade crafty items that are beautifully hand painted.
- Pali is a good go-to for groceries and toiletries but there is also a Walmart nearby.
- Get to bus stop early.
- Account for a longer bus ride than listed.
- Bus stops in San Jose can take you practically anywhere.
Top Random Things to know
- Only take the red taxis.
- Weather is warm, but bring at least one pair of pants and a sweatshirt.
- Don’t forget an umbrella or raincoat.